Taking the opportunity of the great Romanian
Philatelic event, which was the Philatelic Exhibition EFIRO 1932,
organized by our revue Tribuna Filatelica held in a distinguished
and sober atmosphere, important philatelists from all over the world
and his Majesty the
accepted the invitation of the organizers, exhibiting
an important part of their philatelic treasures.
Rightly appreciating the good order in mounting the collections
and during the exhibition, we are pleased to see the full success
of our revue Tribuna Filatelica, realizing in our country the first
great official philatelic exhibition consecrated by the presence
of His Majesty the King and by the state authorities.
We'll try to describe in as much details as possible, the exhibits:
The Exhibits of Efiro l932
By R. Zoscsak
The collection of H. M. King
Carol II includes:
- 1 pair Porto Gazetei stamps, the issue of 1858, lower frame without
broken line, uncanceled.
- 1 pair of Cuza the Ruler, 20 PAR, red, azure paper, from 1865.
- 1 block of 4 stamps Carol I, 5 PAR, black, on blue paper , issue
l866, grill canceled.
- 1 block of 4 stamps Carol I, 50 BANI, so called "with beard"
canceled, issue 1872, August.
- A sheet of "Bull Heads" stamps, 40 PAR, blue, cancellation
by hand on white paper.
- A letter with three round "Bull Heads" stamps issue
of 1858, July, 15, 108 PAR, blue on pale pink paper, canceled with
red postal mark Jassy-Moldova and addressed to Galatzi: another
letter of the same correspondence with 4 stamps "Bull Heads",
first issue, as follows: 2 stamps of 27 PAR black on pink, one of
54 PAR, blue on greenish and one of 108 PAR, blue on pale pink canceled
by round red "Jassy-Moldova" postal mark.